Windchase XC Course is open for Schooling in 2022
Windchase’s fabulous cross-country course is open for schooling by appointment.
Come ride over our one-hundred acre XC course, with excellent turf and over 300 XC jumps. We have everything you need to school a horse, from Intro up through Intermediate/Advanced.
FOOTING PERMITTING, THE COURSE IS OPEN ALMOST ALL THE TIME, BUT YOU MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT AND LET US KNOW YOU ARE COMING!
To protect our excellent footing, we do not allow shooling when the ground is very wet.
Our course features a large water complex, banks, mounds, coffins, trakehners, ten different ditches, a picture frame and an Irish bank, as well as lots of narrows, corners, portable fences, oxers and tables.
🌳 Ride in a picturesque setting over rolling hills and open fields at the base of the Blue Ridge mountains🌳
Cost is $50 per horse and rider combo.
Trainers, bring 4 or more students and school your horse for free.
Sign up through Event Clinics and state your preferred time/date in the Note to Organizer at least 24 hours in advance. We'll email you to confirm ground conditions and that course is open.
Need a quicker answer? Email email@example.com or text 540-454-3834 to let us know what day and time you want to school.
Please note: We do protect our footing, so schooling is not allowed when it is wet. Especially during the wetter times of year, you may want to check with us before signing up.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 540-454-3834.
Also, to learn about our clinics and other activities, visit our Strider link: https://bit.ly/WindchaseEventing
Instruction available from the Windchase trainers if you arrange it with us in advance.
--Add on Private lesson with a Windchase Trainer for an additional $60.
--Add on Semi-Private lesson with a Windchase Trainer for an additional $45 per horse/rider.
--Add on Group lesson with a Windchase Trainer for an additional $40 per horse/rider.
- Riders may NOT school alone; if you not with other riders you must bring a ground person.
- All riders must wear an ASTM/SEI approved helmet and body protector.
- Water is available on site.
- All riders must sign a Windchase release form before mounting. Minors must have form signed by parent or guardian.
- Please LEAVE YOUR DOGS AT HOME - we have plenty already, and they don’t like outside dogs.
Email email@example.com or text 540-454-3834 to let us know what day and time you want to school, and to check ground conditions and course status. Footing permitting, the course is open most any time, but WE MUST KNOW YOU ARE COMING. To protect our excellent footing, we do not allow schooling if the ground is very wet.
- Trailer Direction: The address is: Windchase, 36502 Kidwell Road, Hillsboro (or Purcellville), VA 20132Googlemaps will sometimes direct people to turn onto Piney Run Road instead of Kidwell. DO NOT DO THIS! Please be sure to turn off of 671, Harpers Ferry Road, onto Kidwell Road. (Piney Run Lane is about a quarter mile north of Kidwell.)When you turn up Kidwell Road, we are the 4th drive on the right. The number is 36502, and it says Windchase on the mailbox and rock sign. At the house, bear left and go back past the lake to the stables. Please drive slowly and watch for speed bumps and dogs.
- Change Policy: Changes are permitted up to 0 day(s) before registration closes.
- Refund Policy: Refunds are permitted up to 0 day(s) before activity begins.
- Entry Option(s) Secure Spot: Pay in full via STRIDER Reserve Spot Via STRIDER, Mail Check