Windchase XC Clinic - with Phyllis Dawson
We will be having a XC clinic at Windchase with Phyllis Dawson on Saturday May 15 (raindate May 16). Come Jump with us.
Further clinics will be scheduled throughout the year.
Entries close at 7:00 pm on the Wednesday before the clinic (though I prefer you to enter earlier!). Ride times will be emailed out on Thursday. I have groups ranging from a very green elementary group for those of you wanting to stick to small jumps, up through Prelim/Intermediate. There will be 3 to 4 riders in each group. Groups will run approximately 1 hour 45 minutes. Please plan to be warmed up at your appointed time.
All Windchase clinics are designed to be inviting and user-friendly. We will keep things very basic and inviting for the greener horses, and will incorporate some more creative elements for the higher groups as appropriate. Exercises can be adjusted within a group for each horse as needed. Nobody has to jump anything they don't want to!
The cost is $90 ($75 for Windchase Boarders)
PLEASE NOTE: when you sign up through Strider, you will receive a confirmation email from them. If you sign up and do NOT receive confirmation, please try again, but also email me your entry.
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or want to be put on our mailing list.
Please make any changes or cancellations no later than the Wednesday before the clinic. Cancellations later than 48 hours before the clinic may incur a $30 cancellation fee.
Clinics generally run from approximately 10:00 to about 4:00 in the afternoon, depending on how many people sign up and how many groups we end up having. If you have time restraints, note them when you sign up and I will honor them if I can.
If you know someone who would like to participate, have them e-mail me and I will add them to the mailing list. If you wish to be removed from this list, let me know and I will take you off of it.
Contact me by email at email@example.com if you have any questions.
About Phyllis: Phyllis Dawson is an Olympian, a member of the 2018 Eventing Selection Committee, a veteran USET Member, an accomplished 3-Day Event rider and USEA ICP IV instructor. She has a wealth of experience training riders & horses of all levels, from basic beginners through the Advanced level of Eventing. Among other notable courses, she competed at the Rolex Kentucky Three Day Event over twenty times. Phyllis finished 10th- the highest placed American rider- at the Seoul Olympic Games Three-day Event. She routinely holds jumping clinics, Pony Club clinics, USEA ICP clinics and USEA educational seminars at Windchase, her Boarding and Eventing Stable near Purcellville, VA.
See Windchase’s young event horses that have been successfully trained up through the levels by Team Windchase, as well as young prospects, at http://teamwindchase.com/forsale.htm.
Windchase’s excellent XC course is open for schooling by appointment. Contact Phyllis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a $30 cancellation fee for cancellations less than 2 days before the clinic.
XC vests and approved helmets required for XC lessons.
Please sign a NEW 2021 Windchase release form online before the clinic. We must also have a coggins test for each horse.
Please pay online through Strider.
1 Day Clinic Instructor: Phyllis Dawson (ICP IV)
- Member/Boarder Price: $75.00
- Late Fee$15.00
- Ride Time: Ride times will be E-mailed out two days before the clinic.
- Trailer Direction: The address for the clinic: Windchase, Kidwell Road, Purcellville (or Hillsboro), VA 20132 (The street number is 36502 Kidwell Road, but if you put in the street number the GPS will sometimes direct people to turn onto Piney Run Road a quarter mile to the north instead of Kidwell – do not do this. From 671, the Harpers Ferry Road, you need to turn onto Kidwell Road. It works better if you just put Windchase, Kidwell Road in the GPS and not the street number)When you turn up Kidwell Road, we are the 4th drive on the right. The number is 36502, and it says Windchase on the mailbox and rock sign. At the house, bear left and go back past the lake to the stables. Please drive slowly and watch for speed bumps and dogs.PLEASE NOTE: If you are coming from Leesburg or the East and traveling up Route 9, there is ongoing construction in Hillsboro - expect delays of 20 minutes or more. Please plan accordingly.
At times route 9 will be closed altogether - but we do not know in advance which days it will be closed.
To avoid this construction, if you are traveling from the Leesburg area, stay on Route 7 to Round Hill, and cut through on 719 north (Woodgrove Rd), then left on 751 (Cider Mill Rd), which will bring you out to turn left on Route 9 – you will be west of Hillsboro, thereby missing the construction. From there, right on 671, and left on Kidwell. Email me at email@example.com if you need more detailed info or a map.
- Change Policy: Changes are permitted up to 2 day(s) before registration closes.
- Refund Policy: Refunds are permitted up to 3 day(s) before activity begins.
- Entry Option(s) Secure Spot: Pay in full via STRIDER