NOVAWE Working Equitation Schooling Show - 8/5/2023
Northern Virginia Working Equitation (NOVAWE) is pleased to invite you to our Working Equitation Schooling Show at Almeda Farm in Boyce, VA. NOVAWE is an Affiliate Organization of USA Working Equitation (USAWE). In lieu of a separate prize list, all information is listed on this entry form.
This show will follow the rules of USAWE and will be limited to 18-20 participants.
Judge: Kimberley Hillyer (PA)
Level 1 - Intro: Dressage and EOH
Level 2 - Novice A: Dressage, EOH, and Speed
Level 3 - Novice B: Dressage, EOH, and Speed
Open (18 & up)
1. All adult divisions will be considered OPEN. Youth divisions offered for Levels 1 & 2 for a reduced entry fee.
2. Each entry fee includes a $10 non-refundable office fee.
3. ASTM/SEI approved headgear required for all competitors when mounted.
4. Competition number must be displayed while the horse is under saddle.
5. Warm up will be in the outdoor arena. Competition will be held in the indoor arena. Plan on a 5 min walk from the warm up to the indoor.
6. Rider's choice of attire should be neat and presentable. Jackets are not required. Polos or collared shirts are acceptable. Tank tops and sleeveless shirts are not allowed. Suitable boots are required when mounted.
7. A horse may be entered twice in a competition if ridden by two different riders and in different levels.
EXCEPTION: Two youth OR one youth and one adult can share the same horse if both are competing in Level 1.
8. Approximate Dressage ride times will be emailed to the competitors no later than 48 hours before the show.
9. Course Maps will be emailed to participants by Friday before the show.
10. The EOH course will be set up in the indoor after the last dressage ride. Please help us set up the course!
11. The EOH course walk will be as soon as the set up has concluded. The Speed course walk will be after the last EOH ride.
12. Stabling is not available as this is a private farm.
13. NO dogs allowed.
14. Stallions are allowed, but must be well mannered.
RIBBONS & PRIZES
1. Placings - 1st - 6th in each division, trial, and level
2. Champion & Reserve Champion ribbons will be awarded for each level and division provided there are at least two riders in that division & level.
3. NOVAWE will award ribbons to the Highest Dressage score of the show, the Highest EOH score of the show, and the Fastest Time from all Speed trials.
4. Prizes awarded to Champions and Reserve Champions donated by NOVAWE or sponsors.
FOR A COMPLETE ENTRY:
-Payment must be paid in full via Strider and PayPal.
-COGGINS- A copy of a negative Coggins taken within 12 months of the show date is required for each horse entered.
-Upload the horse's current Coggins and signed releases to this STRIDER program or email copies to Biddie Lowry (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you have already signed an Almeda Farm release and/or NOVAWE release this year, you do not need to send in another one.
If the level you are interested in is full, please complete "Wait List" form on Strider.
MEDIA RELEASE: By entering a Northern Virginia Working Equitation (NOVAWE) sponsored event, I agree that as a condition of and in consideration of acceptance of entry, NOVAWE may use or assign photographs, videos, audios, cablecasts, or other likenesses of me and my horse taken during the course of the event for the promotion, coverage, or benefit of the event or NOVAWE. Those likenesses shall not be used to advertise a product and they may not be used in such a way as to jeopardize amateur status. I hereby expressly and irrevocably waive and release any rights in connection with such use, including any claim to compensation, invasion of privacy, right of publicity, or to misappropriation.
No refunds after the Closing Date. Participants who scratch or withdraw before the Closing Date will be reimbursed their entry fee minus the $10 Office Fee.
Changes to level, rider, horse, or ride time are not permitted after the Closing Date.
Intro - Level 1 - Open
Novice A - Level 2 - Open
Novice B - Level 3 - Open
Intro - Level 1 - Youth
Novice A - Level 2 - Youth
- Ride Time: Ride times will be emailed to riders by the Thursday before the show and posted on NOVAWE's business page on Facebook.
- Trailer Direction: All trailer parking will be in the field beside the outdoor arena on your right as you drive down the driveway to Almeda Farm.
Please take your manure and loose hay home with you.
Bring hay and water for your horse.
**NOVAWE will have a pot-luck for our participants and volunteers. We will provide a meat dish, like a sandwich tray. This will be held just outside the barn. We will supply paper products, cutlery, and water. Please bring a dish to share if you would like to participate.***
- Change Policy: Changes are not permitted.
- Refund Policy: Refunds are permitted before registration closes.
- Entry Option(s) Secure Spot: Pay in full via STRIDER