Horsemanship Clinic with Master Clinician/Instructor Jim McDonald
Horsemanship is the art and science of being with, handling, training and riding horses with an understanding of how the horse sees the world. In this way, horsemanship is very much a mindfulness practice. As equestrians it is important to approach the horse in a way that he/she understands, this might mean we have to change our approach in communicating with our horse, especially when problems arise.
Do you have trouble loading your horse onto a trailer?
Do you have trouble getting your horse to stand still for mounting?
Is your horse nippy or frequently known to bite?
Is your horse spooky or fearful?
Does your horse run from you in the field?
All of the above situations, and many more, can be addressed by implementing mindful horsemanship practices.
If you are unsure how to approach communication barriers between you and your horse, without using force, to improve your relationship and address problem areas, then these horsemanship clinics are for you.
During these clinics, master instructor/clinician, Jim McDonald will work with participants either under saddle or on the ground to address communication barriers that are impacting your relationship with your horse and show you techniques that you can use to change your approach and build a stronger bond with your horse.
Refunds and changes allowed prior to the closing date. No refunds or changes will be permitted after that date.
1 Day Clinic Instructor: Jim McDonald
- Haul-in Fee$15.00
- Ride Time: This is a group clinic - all participants should arrive early and be ready to begin at 10:00am. Auditors should arrive by the start time. The clinic will last approximately 3 hours.
- Trailer Direction: Please enter the farm from the driveway off of Long Green Pike and follow the driveway past our outdoor sand arena down to our North Barn. Trailer parking will be to the right of the barn.
- Change Policy: Changes are permitted before registration closes.
- Refund Policy: Refunds are permitted before registration closes.
- Entry Option(s) Secure Spot: Pay in full via STRIDER Reserve Spot Via STRIDER, Mail Check