FEH Jump Chute Clinic with Martin Douzant of The Frame Sporthorses
The clinic is open to horses that are 3 and 4 years of age and are currently competing in the USEA Future Event Horse (FEH) series.
This Clinic is intended to be an introduction for young horses to practice free-jumping in a jump chute. The setup will be similar to the chute that will be used in USEAEast Coast Future Event Horse Championship being held at Loch Moy Farm September 16 - 17, 2022.
Something new this year. We will have 2 different options for the jump chute.
Option 1 - Jump Chute Familiarization - 15 minute slot ($40). Includes 2 in-hand through the jump chute as well as 2 jump rounds through the chute. For the horse that has done some jump chute clinics but just needs to be familiar with the jump chute that will be used for the FEH East Coast Championship.
Option 2 - Full Training - 30 minute slot ($80). Horse will practice trot, canter and free jumping through the chute. For the horse that has not done a jump chute clinic or it has been a while.
Free-jumping is a wonderful way to evaluate the potential of a young horse over fences. It is also an effective and positive way to introduce a young horse to jumping without the guidance or distraction of a rider. Not only is free-jumping good for young horses, it is also beneficial for mature horses to keep them quick on their feet and to remind them how to take care of themselves when needed.
Please upload a VALID coggins and LMF waiver on the UPLOAD COGGINS/SIGN WAIVER links on the home page of www.themarylandhorsetrials.com. This waiver will be valid for all of the competition year and coggins will be good until it expires.
Want to Audit? Anyone may audit for $25. This is a great learning experience!
Refund minus $25 office fee if before closing date or if spot can be filled from a waitlist.
Jump Chute Familiarization - 15 minutes
Full Training Jump Chute - 30 min
- Ride Time: Ride times will be posted by Wednesday before jump chute clinic on www.themarylandhorsetrials.com. Please put any scheduling requests in the notes.
- Trailer Direction: From Washington D.C.--Approximate distance: 40 milesFrom Route 495, take Route 270 North, towards Frederick. Continue on Rt. 270 N, approximately 26 miles, to Exit 26 for Route 80 West, Buckeystown/Urbana. Turn right off the exit ramp, circling under Rt. 270 and continue on Rt. 80 W, approximately 1.5 miles to Park Mills Road on the left. Turn left onto Park Mills Rd. and continue straight for approximately 5.8 miles to the entrance on the right.
- Change Policy: Changes are permitted before registration closes.
- Refund Policy: No refunds.
- Entry Option(s) Secure Spot: Pay in full via STRIDER