Winter WoW Eventing Camp - Area II Young Riders
What does WoW stand for? It stands for our pursuit to exceed our own possibilities. We want everyone to leave camp saying "WoW..." You get to finish that sentence with that goal or objective and we will help you achieve it and maybe even exceed it!!
The Area II Winter Wow Eventing camp is open to all riders and to all levels and is NOT restricted to Young Riders Program Members. We will tailor the instruction to your needs. Auditing is encouraged at no cost.
The 2023 Winter WoW Eventing Camp will be hosted at Virginia Horse Center, Lexington VA, with lead ECP instructor Alison Springer, Skyeler Voss and Mark Combs. Additional instructors will be added as entries warrant. Camp is limited to 50 horses!
$300 deposit is required to reserve a spot. Remaining balance may be paid via a check or Paypal. Remaining balance is due by December 20th for spot to be confirmed. Riders are welcome to bring an additional horse for use in an additional session each day at a reduced fee of $600. There is no discount for ship-ins who do not use a stall. The entry fee for camp includes 4 days of instruction, snacks, stabling and facility fees at Virginia Horse Center.
Dress warmly. There is a heated office space to get coffee/hot chocolate and as a general warming center. A simple hot lunch will be available each day in the office or bring your own. There will be no food vendors on site. Entry fee does not include housing, shavings, grain, hay, etc. but a Tractor Supply is close.
Bring your own chair!
Riders will receive instruction each day (5-6 mounted lessons). Weather permitting galloping sessions may be held on the property over the hills. The lesson schedule can be flexible to meet your needs; so please don't be shy about sharing what you want to accomplish.
12/27 - Haul in day - (no arrivals before 9am!) Afternoon/Evening fix a tests
12/28 - Flat and gymnastic lessons
12/29 - gallop and show jumping or flat lesson
12/30 - Rider's choice of session before shipping out. (All horses off property by 5pm)
Weather may dictate changes to the schedule
Fix a Test on 12/27 will be Test A of the level you check on the entry form (Novice means Novice Test A) unless you state otherwise in notes or email.
Cancellation due to severe weather (significant snow/ice storm): Full Refunds will be given.
Scratches for reason: A full refund will be given if spot can be filled. Otherwise refund less $250. Camp is limited to 50 horses.
Animal Health Requirements:
A copy of the Coggins is required. In state horses would have the Voluntary Health Declaration Form. Out of state horses must have a Health Certificate that is dated within 30 days. While on site, you will be encouraged to maintain a temperature diary for your horse.
Accommodations: There are many hotel options available in Lexington, VA. The instructors will be staying at the Wingate. There is camping, bath house, and hook-ups are available on site. Please inquire if you desire onsite hook-ups.
QUESTIONS - Call or email Chris Donovan email@example.com 703-261-3377
Cost does not include housing, shavings, grain, hay, etc. but a Tractor Supply is close.
Scratches for reason: A full refund will be given if spot can be filled otherwise refund less $200.
Refunds will be granted in full if there is sever weather (snow/ice storm) that impacts the safety of campers.
Scratches for reason: A full refund will be given if spot can be filled. Otherwise refund less $200.
Camp is limited to 48 horses.
If your forms are not attached to entry, please mail to :
Chris Donovan, YRAP Winter Camp
13031 Furnace Mountain Rd
Lovettsville VA 20180
Payment in Full - First Horse
Payment in Full - Second Horse
- Late Fee$250.00
- Ride Time: Ride times will be based on distance required to travel. They will be emailed out around 12/20. Special requests should be emailed to the organizer.
- Trailer Direction: From the North: I-81 South to Exit 191. Proceed on I-64 West 1/2 mile to Exit 55. Turn right on Route 11 North, and immediately left on Route 39 West. The Virginia Horse Center is one mile ahead on the left.From the South: I-81 North to Exit 191. Proceed on I-64 West 1/2 mile to Exit 55. Turn right on Route 11 North, and immediately left on Route 39 West. The Virginia Horse Center is one mile ahead on the leftFrom the East: I-64 West to I-81 South. I-81 South to Exit 191. Proceed on I-64 West 1/2 mile to Exit 55. Turn right on Route 11 North, and immediately left on Route 39 West. The Virginia Horse Center is one mile ahead on the left.
- Change Policy: Changes are permitted before registration closes.
- Refund Policy: Refunds are permitted before registration closes.
- Entry Option(s) Secure Spot: Pay in full via STRIDER