Area II Summer WoW Camp
Morven Park in Leesburg Va will host the 2022 Area II Summer WOW Camp for the YR Advancement Program and Adults.
Riders will receive instruction over 4 days (5-6 mounted lessons and at least 2 lectures). A demonstration and/or guest speakers will occur each day.
The East Coast clinic for USEA E21 will be occurring simultaneously on Monday and Tuesday, riders are encouraged to watch the sessions!
The Tentative Schedule:
Sunday – Dressage/Fix a Test;
Monday Flat for Jumping & Show Jumping;
Tuesday Pace Clinic and Dressage;
This schedule of activities may be vary based on weather conditions and your goals. Tailoring the lesson plan to your specific needs is always an option.
The camp is open to all horse/athlete pairs ready to ready to compete recognized beginner novice or higher and is NOT restricted to Young Riders. Auditors are welcome at no cost. Dress accordingly for the weather and bring water/Gatorade bottles to your lessons. We will work in the two indoors, the lower (hunter/dressage rings, and Wimert Cross-Country Schooling field.
Ride Times will ONLY be scheduled for complete entries- get your documents in on time!
First horse is $750, 2nd horse qualifies for $600 price. (please do 2nd camp entry for 2nd horse)
Your horse(s) should move into Morven Park stabling on 7/24 afternoon and hack the grounds in pairs for familiarization either before or after your fix a test session. There will be fix a tests occurring in the indoor for most of the afternoon and early evening.
We'll have a Pizza Social at 7:00pm on Sunday 7/24. Ride times will be provided/updated for the next day at that session.
Sunday fix a tests will start at 1:00pm with local people scheduled first. Monday- Tuesday lessons will be scheduled between 8:00am - 6:00pm; our final day Wednesday will planned to be done by 1:00pm. Weather permitting a XC session may be held on at Morven Park or at Loch Moy (30 minutes north east)
Look forward to having you join us!
Entry fee includes the cost of instruction, afternoon talks, snacks, and Morven Park facility and stabling fees.
$250 deposit is required to reserve a spot. Remaining balance is due by July 10th for spot to be confirmed.
Riders are welcome to bring an additional horse for use in an additional session each day at a reduced fee of $600.
Payment via Strider is required- contact their support team with any checkout issues.
Food truck will be on the grounds for lunch or bring your own. Cost does not include housing, shavings, grain, hay, etc. but a Tractor Supply is close.
There is no discount for ship-ins who do not use a stall.
Deposit is non-refundable. Camp is limited to 60 horses.
Accommodations: There are many hotel options available in Leesburg VA - Our favorite is the Hampton Inn, Leesburg. There are limited hook-ups available, please email for details. Primitive overnight camping is not permitted.
Auditing is encouraged and is free! Spectators (including parents) are expected to assist with setting rings and picking rails for instructors.
Camp Instructor: Pam Wiedemann (ICP III) and Skyeler Voss and otherss!
- Deposit to Hold Spot $250.00
- Ride Time: Please complete the 1) Morven Park Waiver, 2) USEA Waiver, and 3) Goals and Objectives Survey. This will help us schedule ride times. Sunday ride times will be sent out on July 21st to email on file. Future ride times will be available in the late afternoon the day prior.Forms to upload / complete:
Coggins Test (within 12 months)
Complete Goals & Objectives Survey (online)
USEA Release (online)
Morven Park Release (online)
- Trailer Direction: From North: US 15 South toward Leesburg, before split - Right on Rte 740-Tutt Lane (1 mile north of town, just before Leesburg bypass) travel 8/10 mile to Sunday Morning Lane on left.From South: US 15 North just outside of Leesburg turn Left on Rte 740-Tutt Lane (200 yards after end of Leesburg bypass) – travel 8/10 mile to Sunday Morning Lane on left. DO NOT follow signs in Leesburg for "Morven Park".
- Change Policy: Changes are not permitted.
- Refund Policy: No refunds.
- Entry Option(s) Secure Spot: Pay in full via STRIDER Pay Deposit via STRIDER and the remainder by check Reserve Spot Via STRIDER, Mail Check