Windchase XC Derby
Come join us for the Windchase XC Derby!
Saturday November 9 (Rain Date November 10)
Windchase is holding its first official Cross-Country Derby. The course will begin in the arena over a few show jumps, and then go out across our 100-acre-plus XC course, going from field to field. Courses will be from one to two miles long. Footing permitting, the course will include water, banks and ditches, as well as some foxhunting type obstacles. All courses designed to be confidence building and inviting. This is a unique chance to ride over the beautiful rolling hills of western Loudoun County, at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains, while competing in a fun and informal atmosphere.
Classes judged on closest to Optimum Time and jumping penalties. In all divisions, if you choose to jump a lower or higher option that is fine. If you skip a fence altogether that is OK too, a small time penalty will be added to your time. Lead horses will be available if needed.
We will have a division for Pairs, where two riders go out together (and hopefully come back together too!), as well as the regular individual classes.
Entries are $60 for pre-entries, or $70 for post entries.
Second rounds can be added for $30.
(A $25 office fee is due if you cancel less than 48 hours before the Derby.)
Approximate ride times will be emailed out several days before the Derby. Divisions run low to high.
There will be prizes!
ASTM/SEI certified helmets and XC vests are required. Negative coggins within 12 months. A Windchase release form MUST be signed before you ride. Any riders under 18 must have their release form signed by a parent. Water is available on grounds. There will not be a food concession.
Intro/Elementary: Fences not to exceed 2’3, speed 275 meters/minute
Beginner Novice/easy Novice: Fences not to exceed 2’9, speed 325 meters/minute
Novice/Training: Fences not to exceed 3’3, speed 375 meters/minute
PAIRS - Two horse/rider combinations go out together. Choose your jump heights, pairs can be mixed. Choose your optimum time target.
- Phyllis Dawson
- 540-668-6024 stable, 540-454-3834 cell
There is a $25 cancellation fee for cancellations less than 2 days before the derby.
Please sign a release form before mounting.
XC vests and approved helmets required.
- Extra Round $30.00
- Late Fee$10.00
- Ride Time: Ride times will be E-mailed out on the Thursday before the derby.
- Trailer Direction: When you turn up Kidwell Road, we are the 4th drive on the right. It says Windchase on the mailbox and rock sign. At the house, bear left and go back past the lake to the stables. Please drive slowly and watch for speed bumps and dogs.
- Change Policy: Changes are permitted up to 2 day(s) before registration closes.
- Refund Policy: Refunds are permitted up to 2 day(s) before activity begins.
- Entry Option(s) Reserve Spot Via STRIDER, Mail Check